The Mini Pizza
A nice and easy snack that takes all of 5 minutes to get ready, to make a Mini Pizza take any bread/bagel/ciabatta etc then lightly toast either side until they are golden brown; at this point spread tomato puree onto the slice of bread of choice. Sprinkle basil all over and add any toppings of your choice and finish with cheese. Then quickly toast underneath the grill until cheese has melted and there you go. A great way of using up any leftover ingredients you have and if the bread is slightly going stale! Also is incredibly quick and tasty.
The toppings I use.
- Diced red onion.
- Thinly sliced peppers.
- Tomato slices.
- Sliced olives.
- Drops of pesto.
- Slices of ham.
- Grated cheese.
How to slice an onion like a pro.
At the risk of sounding patronising, I am now going to show you how to dice an onion properly! Having lived with people who have constantly chopped an onion in the most awful of ways, I think its time to pass on the Chef’s way to dice.
- Cut the onion in half length ways.
- Slice the top of each half off (Not the root side!)
- Peel the dry layers on skin back.
- Slice into the onion length ways 9/10’s of the way towards the root. Don’t cut all the way, you want the root to hold the onion together.
- Then chop horizontally in the thickness you desire.
- A final tip is to do it by an open window, for me it stops my eyes watering.