The spookiest event of the year is almost upon us. For one night only the streets will be filled with vampires, zombies, and other creatures. If you feel too old to go ‘trick or treating’ this year, here’s a list of things you should definitely do on 31st of October.
Before you apply your scary make-up you’ll need to ask: Where are the best places to hire costumes? In Southampton they are:
- Rockbottom Toystore (located in Marlands shopping centre 1st floor)
- Hollywood Just For Fun (31-37 Queensway).
If you’re low on budget or just feel like creating your own costume- go for it! You can find fun and creative ideas at:
After you have put on your glad rags and make-up you have to show them off. If you feel like dancing and having loads of fun here’s what Southampton has to offer:
Probably the most popular club in Southampton, Oceana, is hosting a special event ‘More More More’ and is promising to turn the entire club into a scary experience. Oceana offers you:
- Three rooms of music
- Frightening dancers
- Spooky confetti blasts
It’s the night you may not want to miss. Time: 11pm-4am. Price: £8.00
Student favourite Orange rooms invites you to ‘The Day of the Dead’ event with DJ Ratzi. Every ticket holder will get:
- Free calavera face painting
- SFX make up
- Free margarita water pistol
- Trick or treat balloon drop
There will also be a best fancy dress competition for a chance to win a fancy bottle of bubbly. Time: 12pm-3am. Price: £5.00
For those who don’t feel like going out but still want to have some spooky fun the solution is a house party. One of the best things about hosting your own party is that you are in charge of how everything should look. Here are a few tips on how to make it awesome:
- You will have to invite some people (oh no)! Make sure that the people you invite are your friends or you at least know them.
- The party will be more successful if you create a party theme (for example it can be your favourite movie or famous people, just don’t forget to make it scary).
- Decorate your place. There are so many great décor ideas on the Internet and you will only need paper and scissors. Also, there’s always Poundland or the 99p stores which have quite an assortment of cheap Halloween decorations.
- Make some fun Halloween snacks and drinks. Here are a few really quick and easy ideas:
For this you’ll only need a syringe and red liquid which can be a red liquor or syrup. Put it in whatever alcohol you are serving and there you have it. For more Halloween drinks ideas check out:
You’ve probably seen this on the Internet or even at someone’s party before because it’s really easy to make and it looks great for Halloween. The easiest way to make these is from pizza dough, but if you want to do it yourself, here’s the link to the recipe:
For more events on Halloween go to: http://www.sotonight.net/southampton/2015-guide/southampton-halloween-2015/